Linear Gradients in Flex are very powerful, but it’s not necessarily easy to know what values to use. This interactive tool allows you to experiment with adding and configuring as many Gradient Entries as you need so that you can see the effect immediately.
We’ve finally gone live with a long overdue refresh on a brand new server with 34sp. The custom theme that we were using just didn’t cut the mustard any more so we’ve taken the plunge and we are using a proper customisable theme. Let us know […]
I’ve been musing about the future, so forgive me for a bit of crystal ball gazing.
For years we’ve been building complex software systems, confidence that the underlying hardware was getting quicker and quicker courtesy of Moore’s law. This still boggles me; I stopped being a professional […]
My son has an Asus EEE PC and it’s great for what he needs. He can easily carry it around and it has all the power he needs for doing his homework.
The only issue we’ve had is that our HP2605DN network printer keeps getting assigned a different IP address when we occasionally restart the […]
I’ve been using a MacBook for a couple of years now and really like. However, one of the downsides is that I can’t simply sync with my HTC TyTn II mobile running Windows Mobile 6 in the same way that you can with a PC running Windows.
I used Entourage 2004 on my MacBook for about a year and then, in January, I upgraded to Entourage 2008. There were a couple of things I found frustrating about Entourage (especially compared with Outlook 2000 on the PC) such as the inability to easily put tables into HTML emails. But I persevered until last […]
I read a blog post recently showing how to create a button with an image and text. The button looked very simple and very nice to look at, but the HTML was more complicated than I thought it needed to be.
There is a move now to make the HTML of a document as simple […]
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate TagExtraInfo class
(I had to shorten the article title to fit!)
I’ve just had a problem when I’ve taken a web application from my local Tomcat 5.5 development server (where it worked fine) and uploaded it onto a public server (also using Tomcat 5.5).
If you enjoyed reading or using this, please consider donating